Additional Youth Water Education Resources
Are you ready to teach young people about water? There are thousands of water-related curricula, lesson plans, and activities you can download from the Internet. The following suggestions can help you get started.
- National Science Digital Library
- Digital Library for Earth System Education (DLESE)
- The Bridge, NOAA Sea Grant and the National Marine Educators Association
General search, national resources
Search the following national agencies and organizations using keywords such as “water youth education” or “water youth lessons.”
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Water
- Educational Resources for Students and Youth
- Educational Resources for Students/Teachers: Top-Related Water Curricula by Others
- Water Science and Technology for Students and Educators
U.S. Geological Survey
- Water Science School
General search, state and local resources
Check your state’s department of natural resources or environmental quality for state-specific resources. For instance, many states have a Project WET office. Also check your county’s Cooperative Extension office for tips on local speakers, activities, and equipment. Nature centers, museums, zoos, and other non-profit organizations often have resources dedicated to community outreach.